Please complete the online form below to apply for The Master of Arts (MA) in Producing.
Apply by Mail?
If you'd prefer to apply by mail, Download this Acrobat PDF file to print, fill out, and return by mail. Or contact us by phone, (800) 882-4734 or email email@example.com to have a form mailed to you.
Graduate Programs Application Checklist:
- To be considered for a graduate degree program, you must hold a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- You must also have earned a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA), based on a 4.0 scale during the last two years of undergraduate study.
All applicants to the MFA in Filmmaking and Producing Program, or the MA in Producing Program, need to submit the following materials:
- APPLICATION ESSAY: Your 1000-word essay should be a concise, honest, and in-depth investigation of your need to work in a creative medium. The Graduate Faculty Admissions Committee considers this essay the most important document in your application so it should not be a self-promoting autobiographical account. The focus should be on particular motives, attitudes, and desires that lie behind your urge to pursue your creative and professional goals. If appropriate,you should also define what special interests and strengths you would bring to the program.
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
Whenever possible, your letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by the letter writer. All letters of recommendation must arrive in a sealed envelope with the writer’s signature across the flap, whether sent directly or forwarded by the applicant.
- TRANSCRIPTS: An official transcript from any and all colleges/universities attended with evidence of the minimum of an earned four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or U.S. equivalent.
This includes original transcripts from any institution where you might have taken credits that later transferred to another school. Whenever possible, your transcripts should come directly to the Graduate Admissions Office from the college/university of origin.
SEND ALL SUPPLEMENTARY APPLICATION MATERIAL INCLUDING TRANSCRIPTS AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (also for the print application form if you are NOT applying online) TO:
Graduate Admissions Seattle Film Institute 3210 16th Ave. Seattle, WA 98119