Master of Arts in Producing for Film
Develop the expertise to pursue an career and stand out as a film, television and digital content producer.
In the Seattle Film Institute’s Master of Arts (MA) in Producing for Film, students develop the expertise to pursue a career as a film, television and digital content producer. At the completion of the program, students have the tools and hands-on experience to produce films and a skill-set that is directly applicable to other career paths encompassing new and emerging media, internet and digital media production, advertising, hi-tech game development and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Gain hands-on experience as a film and video producer during the program
- Initiate, coordinate, supervise and control all the aspects of a film production including creative, business management, and marketing, distribution and sales
- Obtain a skill-set that is directly applicable to a wide range of career paths involving project development, project management, business planning, financial oversight and marketing
- Experience the opportunity and energy of Seattle's diverse production community as a center for independent filmmaking, software development, web-based and video game companies
Benefits of the Seattle Film Institute Accelerated MA Program
• Day-job friendly schedule: Evening classes and some weekends
• Earn your master’s degree in 10 months without interrupting your career
• Develop your professional network as you stay with the same group of students throughout the program
• Faculty members and guest lecturers are working industry professionals as well as experienced teachers
• Earn a producing credit during the program
• Gain professional work experience as a participant in the SFI internship program
• Cost Effective and Accessible-the only Producing Masters Program in the Northwest
• Streamlined application process (no GRE required)
Life in Seattle
There are lots of waterways, lakes and bays all around Seattle and the Puget Sound region. Take a ferry, go for a ride on a boat or just enjoy the beauty of our sapphire blue water… The options are almost limitless.
Careers & Internships
Our students gain valuable professional experience and contacts through our internship and career placement program. Whether it’s in Los Angeles with Toby Maguire Entertainment or here in Seattle with Microsoft or Screaming Flea (Hoarders), our internships provide that critical first professional know-how that is crucial to starting your career in film.
At SFI, you’ll get the skills and education, as well the important job placement assistance you need to start your career in the film industry.
Through the internship program, I was able to work on an independent feature film three days after moving to LA. I not only learned what it is like to work on a real production, but the connections I made from that one internship have now given me eight other job opportunities; and led to my being hired to direct an independent feature film. The internship program has made a world of difference in my life.